Monthly Archives: December 2013
While we hear about this ministry or that from time to time, there are many ways the people of God at Holy Trinity have participated in this mission and we thought you might like to see the “bigger picture” to be encouraged and challenged to strengthen our outreach.
Here are some of the Outreach and Missions of 2013:
- Anglican Relief and Development Fund – supports projects, such as schools, training centers, medical missions and clinics, water wells, disaster relief, etc. that opens doors for the gospel and church planting.
- International School Project – a ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ that sends teams around the world at the request of governments to train school teachers how to teach Christian moral values in their school systems.
- Christian Shelter of Salisbury – a ministry that provides shelter to the homeless in Salisbury, MD. It’s director, Jim Barnes, is a former member of HTC and current member of Holy Spirit Anglican Mission.
- Shirley Grace Pregnancy Center – a local crisis pregnancy center in Berlin, MD that provides counsel for moms-to-be who are struggling with the decision of whether to carry their child to term.
- Bibles – Ghana Prisoners – a ministry this year to help provide Bibles to prisoners in Ghana.
- Mission trips – Several of our members have taken short mission trips to Uganda, Benin and Ghana, Africa this year that the church has helped to support – Ifeoma, Kosi, Blessing Aroh, Chas & Mary Gwen Schaffernoth and Fr. Larry.
- Women of Trinity – has continued its outreach to children with the Operation Christmas Child (Samaritan’s purse) and support for the Children’s House in Ocean City.
- Food Pantry – Helping local families and other Christian food pantries in reaching those in need.
- Daughters of the Holy Cross – Gathering items for Diakonia shelter.
- SonKids – have collected Bottles of Blessing to help support the work of the Shirley Grace Pregnancy Center and have reached out to families in need during the Christmas season.
Thank you for your support and participation in reaching out with the transforming love of Jesus Christ.